Sumo wrestling is possibly Japan’s most recognised cultural event, you’d be mad to miss this spectacle. Dating back 2.000 years, Sumo is Japan’s national sport and as such combines religious, athletic and traditional features. There are several places to watch, check the tour schedule on their website to find out which suits you best. There is also a Sumo museum.
- Address: 1-3-28 Yokoami, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
- Phone: Museum: +81 3 3622 0366
- More Info: www.sumo.or.jp/En/
- Opening House: Monday to Friday: 10am-4.30pm
- Address: Exit A4, Sobu Line, Ryogoku JR Station. Or Oedo Line, Ryogoku Toei Subway Station.
- More Info: Free admission to the museum
- More Info: 6b921a3fc4793fe0cbd07357ade7ae0e9159bde0