This nationally recognised Shinto shrine is considered one of Japan’s primary symbols of the country’s major religion. Take in the huge 11 metre cypress tree torii (gate) before wandering peacefully along winding paths to the wonderful inner buildings.
- Address: 1-1, Yoyogikamizonocho, Shibuya, Tokyo
- Phone: +81 3 3379 5511
- More Info: www.meijijingu.or.jp/english/index.html
- More Info: Varies throughout the year. Visit their website to check the opening hours.
- Address: Exit 2, Harajuku Tokyo Metro Station
- More Info: bfb3e757b6030c3ef4d7c5ff40d7934b09676a96